27.3.07

Long time

So I was on the elevator on Friday with an older gentleman and here is our conversation:

Him: Still raining out there.

Me: Yup, just in time for the weekend, too.

Him: Well, at least we're still above ground.

WTF? What the HELL does that MEAN? I've been trying all weekend to figure it out and the only thing I can figure is that he meant at least we're not dead. But I'm still not sure.

On a happy note, my boss just got married to a woman who he's known for 58 years. They were neighbors. His wife died 12 years ago and her husband recently passed. Combined they now have 13 kids and 38 grandkids. Nice to know it is still possible to find love so late in life.

This past weekend I started training again, after coming off hernia surgery. I went to yoga on Saturday (Bikrim, which I LOVE) and ran 3 1/2 miles along the lake on Sunday. I started riding my bike on Monday to work, but got a flat and had to ride back home on it and then take the train. I'm taking it in to the bike shop this weekend for a tuneup, which I should have done anyway. But I am proud that I put on a back fender all by myself and without a bike tool even (thank god for IKEA and their allen wrenches...) I couldn't do the front fender or the rear rack, however, because of complications with my bike (the front fender needs a hole in my frame near the wheel that is there on one side, but not the other, and the rear rack needs to reach two holes in the frame that are unreachable through or around the back brakes). I'm not that skilled. But hopefully I'll be riding to work starting sometime next week, and hopefully it warms up again for that...

No comments: