10.7.07

More knitting!


Baby hat and booties
Originally uploaded by Faux pas
"Post more often!" she said. "Less political content!" she said. "More knitting posts!" she said. So, for the one person who reads this blog, I give you, a knitting post.

Ignore the flash bulb, it was the only way to get a good sample of the beautiful color of this angora yarn that I used on these, my very first, baby booties. The set you see before you is going to a very special baby boy born in mid-June, and who is so big, he will not likelly fit into either the booties or the washable wool hat that's softer than his oh-so-soft baby's bottom.

These booties were my first attempt at double knitting, a technique I must say I like more than knitting small things in the round. Both patterns came from Joelle Hoverson's Last -Minute Knitted Gifts. The bootie pattern was a little confusing, but I eliminated one "turn," and it turned out fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. What yarn did you use for the hat? Also, did the booties turn out to be the appropriate size?

jessica said...

I used a washable wool. I don't remember the name, but it was in the cubbies right next to the computer at Loopy. Recommended by the lady there, and very nice to knit with and super soft. Booties did turn out to be appropriate size, though you have to bind off loosely otherwise the ankle gets a little tight.