12.5.08

30 years ago today.

You know, I really thought that 30 wouldn't phase me. I've been calling myself 30 for months now, even years - just rounding up when it was too taxing to try to remember my actual age. But then it comes and it says, "Here, have a few gray hairs and a slowing metabolism to go along with your adolescent acne that you'll never be free of," and it starts to bum you out a little. Not to mention the feelings of inadequacy because you're not exactly where you thought or hoped you'd be at 30.

Peter has been great though. He bought me some beautiful flowers (photo to come when I get it uploaded), chocolate and some great wine. We played games last night and he's cooking crab for me this evening. Plus he's put up with my weekend depression. A girl couldn't ask for more :)

3 comments:

Allie said...

Aw! Maybe you should just do what we did as kids and add the two numbers together. Just tell the world you're three. Apart from when you go to the off licence, of course.

If it's any consolation, I'm thirty in August, too. I'm sure you're supposed to suddenly be imbued with grown-up wisdom or something - there must be some perks!

Sue said...

Not where you hoped you'd be at thirty??? I'd say you're doing pretty damn good - you could be like some almost-30 people who are working on their 10+ year Associate's degree. Besides, if 50is the new 30, that makes 30 the new 10. Get on your rollerskates and go buy a popsicle :)

jessica said...

aw, thanks you guys. you make me feel much better.