28.5.08

It finally IS a sweater!


My first sweater
Originally uploaded by Faux pas
This post is a little over a week late, but here it is: I finally finished my first sweater! It's the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, knitted in a beautiful green Cash Iroha -- totally worth what I paid for it on eBay.

I used the T-shirt hem method from the Nothing But a T-Shirt pattern, which is still available on Ravelry, but no longer on MagKnits. I knitted the small version, but I added a couple of inches to the body and the sleeves. I also added a few extra yoke decreases to make a narrower neckline.

I'm so in love with this sweater that I took it with me to Seattle this past weekend, despite the fact that it's not blocked yet. It was so warm and springy, perfect for the sea breeze there.

I'm so happy with this first sweater that sweaters no longer seem so daunting. Hence I've got two more on needles already. This jacket from Drops in what has to be my favorite yarn so far Mirasol Sulka, and a seamless hybrid sweater for Peter. I figured after six years together (anniversary next week) it's now safe to knit him a sweater :)

No comments: