4.5.07

Syria-who?

Not much to say, tired from another week of training, Peter's sick (again) and I'm babysitting tonight, so hopefully I'll get a bit more knitting done. Per Christine, I will attempt to add more knitting content to the blog. But (On soapbox) I did want to say...

WTF? Did not the Bush administration just make a huge honking stinker of an issue of out of Nancy Pelosi's trip to Syria, stating that the visit sends the wrong message because Syria is a state sponsor of terror? And then, just over a month later, who's meeting with the Syrians but Condoleezza Rice? Now, there's no mention of this about face from the administration. They act as if it was just always planned. That's what really gets me about this administration. It's very 1983-ish, changing history to fit whatever it is they want to do now. "Mission accomplished"? "Slam-dunk"? "Greeted as liberators"? "No doubt that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction"? I could go on and on. (Off soapbox) Okay, have a good weekend.

No comments: